ZYDAX® – Modulates Cartilage Metabolism
ZYDAX is a disease modifying osteoarthritis drug (DMOAD) and is the leading innovation in osteoarthritis management . Disease Modifying Osteoarthritis Drugs (DMOADs) contain a range of polysulfate esters. These unique polymers are derived from the European beech tree and are regarded as semi-synthetic pharmaceuticals because they are manufactured from a naturally occurring starting material. Due to this, there are significant differences in the quality and consistency of the active molecule between different brand names.
ZYDAX® acts in multiple ways;
- Stimulates cartilage-producing cells (Chondrocytes) to produce healthy new cartilage
- Slows cartilage damage by destructive enzymes (Metalloproteinases)
- Stimulates joint capsule cells (Synoviocytes) to produce lubricating joint fluid
- Reduces swelling and block inflammatory processes
- Improves blood flow and nutrition to joint structures
ZYDAX® is injected by your veterinarian weekly for at least 4 weeks. However it is not uncommon for your veterinarian to recommend weekly injections for the duration of a campaign to maintain healthy joints and performance.